I have been using a few social media examples in my talks semi-frequently during the past year or so. Many blogs have written such lists of good showcases, so I decided to copycat the fad and share a list of stuff I am using from time to time.
Here it is then;
1) a book that explains the longer term strategic meaning of social media nicely, by Prof. C.K. Prahalad and Prof Venkat Ramaswamy
2) data about how brand engage their audiences:
3) BestBuy, and especially their Twelp Force:
4) Swedish state owned broadcasting company's campaign for paying your broadcasting fee:
5) Prototype the experience; a cool video advert for a game that sucks your Facebook info right into it:
6) Journalists immersed into Discovery Channel's Shark Week -campaign, in a rather macabre manner:
7) The Old Spice commercials and their rock star brand spokesperson on Twitter, Yahoo and others:
8) SSI Shredding Systems, and their videos of sweet destruction:
9) Greg the Architect. Or how to turn a deadly-boring topic (SOA) into something interesting:
10) "Why so serious?" an epic campaign for the Dark Knight movie (Wonder what they'll do for the upcoming film "the Dark Knight Rises" ? something pretty glorious, I'm sure)
11) IRC-Galleria and the finnish airforce in 2006! This is one of the weirdest combinations of the time and amounted for quite bit of media attention:
12) The tough competition: Youtube and funny kitten videos. This one has so much viewers it dwarfs the population of Scandinavia already:
and it's long tail:
13) Lord of the rings creation through the 3 movies; by involving their fans in the creative process (also check out: wreckamovie, naturally)
14) masters of social media attention; Varusteleka and their net store. One of the best examples of Social Media usage in an enterprise in all of Finland. Brilliantly done!:
15) The social media 2011 video:
..Naturally I have plenty more cases I typically go through, but these are some of the informative and juicy ones.
Know better ones? Feel free to share!